Thursday, June 26, 2008

Arrival in Tana

June 25th; 2008
We arrived very late in the evening on our AirFrance flight from Paris to Ivato airport just north of Tana, the capitol. The flight was on time, but my checked bag did not arrive with me, so I’ll have to scramble a bit to line up clothes and such for the next couple of days. Everyone else on the trip arrived okay. The only mishap was that Naomi Sarna [the gem carver from New York] broke one of her toes prior to our arrival [she arrived a week early to work the fossil markets]. She’s hopping about some, but seems she will be okay soon.

and, as a FYI...
***Broadband connections do not exist yet in Madagascar. So please be patient for photos and postings as they may be intermittent, or not at all, until my return***

2 comments:

  1. Well, guess you'll be dressing local. Maybe it'll give you an edge on buying. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter,
    Well I had quite a laugh after reading your comment. It may come true, but I am very hopeful my bag shows up.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete